Are you bored with the traditional piercing and looking for something new? If your answer is yes, then you are at the accurate place. In this post, we are giving you all the details regarding Jestrum Piercing. Moreover, this piercing is perfect for persons who want something a slight more exclusive that’s still understated.
What is a Jestrum Piercing?
The Jestrum Piercing, also known as the vertical Medusa piercing. This consists of one piercing with a starting in the philtrum and an exit point through the upper lip itself. This piercing is filled with a curled barbell, leaving the ball tops to peek out of the piercing points and hence create a double pierced look. It can also be done off-center, that is, not in the center of the upper lip. To accommodate the jewelry in a perfect way, your lips need to be thick enough. Apart from this, the two dots on your upper lip will appeal without overwhelming your natural looks.
Pros And Cons Of Jestrum Piercing
Before going for this piercing you must consider some pros and cons which are as follows:
- This piercing gives you various options to experiment with numerous kinds of jewelry since you would have two able to be seen in exit spots. So, this made it probable to use not only small labrets but to try pretty barbells too.
- No doubt, Jestrum Piercing will bring you to the spotlight. Some people think that it is a crazy piercing variation, but on the other hands, it gives you a modern, rocky and cool look.
- One of the main disadvantages of this piercing is that it doesn’t match with every lip shape.
- If anyone has tiny or small lips then there would be much space for jewelry to go through the tissue in your lip. So, one must consider the individual characteristics also before going for it.
- Many times the symmetry of the piercing affected. This is due to the reason that it is done in the center of the upper lip so when placement is not marked correctly and the hole move even a little bit then it can look odd.
How Much Does It Hurt?
Even though the genuine lip will be pierced, many people say that this piercing on the pain scale only lands about halfway that is 5 out of 10. This will hurt more than getting your lobe pierced, but less than piercing your cartilage. There is no doubt that the level of pain is always individual. It depends on your general health condition, your mood during the procedure as well as pain resistance.
An experienced piercer also contributes to the level of pain you feel in this piercing. Professional piercers know very well how to perform the process in the least painful manner as possible. If you have low pain tolerance or nervous then try to look for a piercer who can make your experience easier and hurt you less. For that reason, it is recommended that one should be positive and relax too during the whole procedure.
Jestrum Piercing Healing And Aftercare
In Jestrum piercing, the outside part will heal before the inside. For the outer part, healing time is generally from 6 to 12 weeks. It can take approximately 6 months for the inner part to heal completely. You should be careful with your jewelry through the complete healing period. During the initial healing, the piercing area would be fairly sensitive.
It can even become sore, swollen and red also. So, you may think about wonder how to reduce the healing time. That’s why below we are giving you some rules from which you will know how to aftercare piercing which helps in reducing healing time.
- Two to three times daily you should conduct a sea salt or saline soak. This helps wash out your new piercing of bacteria, and it is a good method to avoiding infection.
- Until your piercing is healed it is advised not to remove the initial barbell.
- Wash your hands and clothes permanently for staying away from dirt and bacteria.
- Make certain to keep your mouth clean, after every meal brush your teeth and with saltwater gargle to clean out any residual microbes.
- For reducing painful feelings, suck a piece of ice, or take pain killer Ibuprofen.
- You can also choose piercing aftercare spray if you don’t want to use a saline solution.
Things To Avoid While Healing
During the process of Jestrum Piercing you should avoid certain things which are given below:
- Don’t eat spicy food or drink alcohol, because it can irritate the piercing area.
- Be careful with your new jewelry especially in the first few weeks and do not try to move lips much.
- Try to avoid oral contacts, since it can hurt at risk piercing area.
- Until your piercing is completely healed don’t swim in rivers, swimming pools or lakes.
- Do not use lipstick on the pierced lip tissue.
Jestrum Piercing Risks
You should be aware of some risks that can trigger in this piercing. These are as follows:
- If the jewelry is big or you regularly play with the piercing then there is a risk of getting scars that can be long-lasting. So, avoid touching the piercing and choose the jewelry size accordingly.
- If your lips move constantly then the inside piece of jewelry might damage your upper teeth.
- If you will not follow the aftercare rules mentioned above in the post, then the risks of infections considerably increases. You should immediately visit the doctor if you see irritation occurs or something has gone wrong.
Jestrum Piercing Jewelry
Jestrum Piercing Images
You can choose the jewelry as per your choice as the balls can have a diameter array between 2.5 to 4.0mm. The pretty and small balls on lips will make you look sexy and modern. Always look for the piercer who is experienced in this field. Therefore, hopefully, you will find this complete experience guide regarding Jestrum Piercing useful. Let us know about your experience by leaving your comments below in the comment box.