Long gone are the days when only a clean-shaven look was considered to be the best kind of look for any man. Before, even a little stubble on a man’s face was looked upon with a frown. Men were judged for being too messy or shabby for carrying around facial hair. However, a lot has changed since then. People no longer classify beards as an unpleasant look or style, which only spoilt brats can get. Thanks to the styles of beards that have been introduced in the market, they are now looked upon as classy and stylish. There are many different beard styles for black men. But the key lies in choosing the right one.
Another key aspect of growing a beard and ensuring that it looks good is maintaining it. If you let it grow left, right and center – there is no guarantee on how it’d end up making you look. In the list of black men beard styles, each of them has a distinctive look. However, each of them also needs to be taken care of. There is a little bit of effort and time that you must dedicate to the look but the end result will definitely be worth it.
Given are The Top Tips to Grow and Maintain a Beard:
Before we take a look at the different beard styles for black men, let us first understand the key factors involved while growing and maintaining a full-fledged beard.
- Don’t Trim It In The First Few Stages Of Growth: Your first objective when it comes to growing a beard is to create such a scenario that helps you build a strong beard base. In this case, you must avoid trimming it in the first few stages of growing the beard. Let your beard reach its fullest natural capability.
- Train Your Moustache: Most men make the mistake of trimming their mustache every now and then. While initially, it may seem like it is easier to trim the mustache to give it the desired shape, which is not necessarily the case. The advisable thing to do, in this case, is to train the mustache using wax to give it the desired shape.
- Use The Right Beard Oil: If you’re looking for a list of beard styles for black men, it would mean that you’ve already decided to grow your beard out. In this case, it is important to start making use of beard oil at an early stage. It will provide your beard of the conditioning and care it actually requires.
- Establish A Total Care Routine For Your Beard: Let’s make this easy. Treat your beard as your pet. What would you do in case you were to adopt a pet? You would probably set up a total care routine, wherein you would provide everything that your pet needs in order to live life to the fullest. The same applies to your beard as well. Establish a total care routine for your beard and make sure that you stick by it.
- Comb Your Beard Hair Every Day: Combing your beard hair every day will help you ensure that you are able to give it the right length and weight over the unusual twists and bends that might come in the way.
- Beware Of Your Surroundings: By this, we mean that you must avoid getting your beard damaged through your surroundings. For example, it may come in the way of your zipper or might get spoilt while you are eating dinner.
- Be Patient: Don’t be impatient and compare the growth of your beard with that of your friends. Just because your beard is not growing as fast as your friend’s, doesn’t mean it will not grow.
- Track Your Progress: It is important to track your progress as it will help you in understanding which beard styles for black men will suit you best.
- Go To A Good Stylist: It is important that you do your research before you settle in for any one of the stylists because if they mess up then they might potentially ruin your progress.
- Enjoy The Look: In the end, after all the hard work that you’ve put into it, it is important to enjoy your splendid look. Be satisfied with what you have and carry it off with the utmost confidence.
Sexy Beard Styles For Black Men
The Full Beard Style
If you are looking for something grander and different, then you might as well settle for the full beard style. The length of your beard plays the key role, of course. What’s more? If you do not enjoy this full-style beard, then you can simply trim it up and style it the way you’d like at a later stage.
The Anchor Beard Style
Major Hollywood actors such as Christian Bale and William Turner have sported the anchor beard style for the longest time possible. There is no denying that it takes time, effort, and some amount of expertise for one to grow and maintain the anchor beard style. However, once you get the look, it is a well-distinguished look that will make you stand out in the crowd.
The Short Shape Up Beard
Get creative with your beard style if you’re looking to keep a short beard. It is just like a military cut but do to your facial hair. The short shape up beard is the kind that will give you a very slick and peppy look. However, this is the kind that you’d need to maintain every two weeks if the beard continues to grow every time.
The Goatee Beard Style
The Goatee beard style is one of the trendiest black men beard styles in today’s day and time. It is ideal for all those who are looking for a change from their clean-shaven look. If you don’t enjoy sporting a shabby bearded look then it is best you settle for the goatee beard style. This type of beard style is essentially incorporated in the form of the chin hair as well as the mustache, just like how a goat looks.
Also, Checkout: Beard Styles For Men With Round Face
The Patchy Beard Style
There is a common belief that one cannot style the patchy beard. However, that’s not true. There are many different ways through which one can style the patchy growth of facial hair. You can opt for bristly and sparing or settle for cheekbone highlight – the choice is entirely yours.
The Van Dyke Beard
Not many might know this but the name – Van Dyke beard originates from the 17th-century Flemish painter who goes by the same name. The look under this is such where one grows a beard along with a goatee underneath. The only difference herein is that the goatee and the mustache are not connected. It can give you a very smart look.
The Mutton Chops Beard Style
The Mutton Chops beard style consists of long hair clubbed with full sideburns. They are purposely extended downwards so that the side of the cheeks have no connection to either the hair that is present on the cheek or the mustache.
Here We Have: Patchy Beard Styles For Men
The Ducktail Beard Style
Among the black men with beards, the ducktail style is getting immensely popular. The ducktail style is when you let the hair grow longer on the chin and keep the side hair trimmed at all times. The choice is yours on whether you want to grow your hair long or short as both the types are recognized as being extremely fashionable.
Cool Line Up Beard Style
A beard on the wrong face shape can look really weird. Therefore, you must choose the type of beard that will best suit your face. The cool line up beard style is the kind that suits all faces. It is the kind that is short and well-kept. The important thing to remember here is to pair it with the right hairstyle as well. Therefore, if you want to stay on the safer side and try out a kind of beard that will best suit your face then you can opt for the cool line up beard.
Bald Look With Full Beard
As mentioned previously, it is important to pair up your beard with the right hairstyle or else your look can really go haywire. One of the best hairstyles to opt for is no hairstyle at all, especially if you’re thinking of keeping a full beard. When it comes to beard styles for black men, this tops the list as it provides an extremely sophisticated yet strong look.
Checkout: Vikings Beard Styles For Men
The 5’O Clock Beard Look
The 5’o clock beard look is the kind that can give an extremely bad-boy rebellious vibe. It is also considered to be well-groomed and smart at the same time. You may be surprised how many men have made it their signature look – the 5’o clock beard look. This type of look is essentially the kind wherein the hair is subtle on the face. So what are you waiting for?
The Round Beard Style
When it comes to any type of beard, it is an important feature that men consist of as it is most visible on their faces. You need the right amount of time and understanding to get to know your growth and texture. In case you have good growth and texture, you may want to settle for the round beard style. It is comparatively longer than most other beards and would look best with side-shaven and sleek hair.
The Balbo Beard Style
The Balbo beard style is the mustache that is combined with hair and is present on the chin. This look also ends up including a soul patch. The mustache is not directly connected with the chin hair. However, it is being extended to become a part of the full-grown style. It is like a grown-out version of the goatee. You need to shave the hair that is present on the lower lip as well as on the cheeks.
Related: Cool Faded Beard Styles For Men
The Chin Curtain
The chin curtain is the kind of facial hair that ends up running straight through the jawline present. It is extended until the chin and onto the other end of the face. It is like a coating that the lower part of your face has. This style of beard is highly similar to other styles such as the chin strap beard. This style completely covers up the face of the individual.
The Hipster Beard Style
There are multiple types of hipster beard styles that one can settle on. The most common style among the hipsters these days, however, is when they end up styling a thick and short beard and pair the same up with a short haircut. The hair is also slicked down and parted in the same way as the beard. This type of look is classic and the way it has been styled also helps in providing a disheveled look – the kind that will help you represent a distinctive personality.
In the end, what is important to note is that your work isn’t complete because you have grown a full-fledged beard. After researching well about which beard style will suit you best, depending on the texture and growth of your facial hair as well as the shape of your face, the task lies in searching for a good stylish. The stylish will help you achieve the look that you desire. Even after that, you must put in time and effort into maintaining the look. And of course, do not forget to pair it up with the right hairstyle and confidence. The above mentioned are just a handful of the many beard styles for black men. The list is never-ending as creativity has no end. The key lies in choosing the right one and we have provided you plenty of options to choose from. So what are you waiting for?